posted last week. I ended up combining the two patterns into a hybrid I'm rather proud of. I used Ana Paula's basic form, but with a few extra rounds (including a few extra rounds of increases) to make it bigger. The stubby little branch is a smaller version of the same. The flowers came from nadia308's tutorial, and I departed from both patterns by substituting an actual terracotta pot ($0.79 at Michael's) for a crocheted one. I just stuffed it and hot-glued the crochet in along the edge of the "sand." It looks great, if I say so myself.
This may be addictive. I really want to find more plants to crochet. It'll be my personal alternative to the crocheted food craze.
Technical details: I used a size E/4 3.5mm hook and worsted weight yarn: Vanna's Choice in fern and beige and Lion Brand Cotton Ease in terracotta. It's stuffed with my usual combination of leftover yarn bits and polyester fiberfill.