Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Force is strong with this one

So! Cute!
I'm a nerd, I admit it freely. In fact there's no "admitting" involved: I wear it on my sleeve.  I love Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and, of course, Star Wars. So you can imagine my delight when I stumbled across lucyravenscar's Etsy shop. It's the crocheting nerd's paradise. I want every pattern she makes, but so far, I've only purchased her Yoda pattern. He'll be a thank-you gift for someone who has been a huge help to me professionally over the past few years, and who also happens to love Star Wars.

The pattern is great--clear, easy to follow, and includes several pictures. And oh my golly, you all, it turned out amazing, if you'll let me brag a little bit. Of course, most of the credit here has to go to the pattern designer--the ears are what makes it, and she got them spot-on. I really can't wait to give this as a gift (and then make another for myself!)

Technical details: I used a size E/4 3.5mm hook and worsted weight yarn. Yoda's skin is Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in lime and the robe is Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in beige. The single row of brown is Loops 'n Threads Impeccable in chocolate. (I think that's Michaels' store brand? It's not bad.) Stuffed with scrap yarn bits, polyester fiberfill, and nine centuries' accumulated wisdom about the Force. Roughly 3 1/4" tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment