Monday, March 11, 2013

Yarn store score

So soft! So squishy! So plant-fibery! And it's mine, all mine!
My closest local yarn store (A Tangled Skein in Hyattsville) is within days of closing. (Sad face!) I went for (what I thought was) the last time a few weeks back, and left with a bunch of lovely linen yarn, but when I heard everything was down to 75% off, I had to go back. There was almost nothing left when I got there--mostly some weird novelty yarn and a few needle sets, but I managed to leave with a decent haul anyway.

From left to right: 2 skeins of Fibranatura Flax (100% linen), 3 skeins of Classic Elite "Seedling" (organic cotton and so soft), 4 skeins of Classic Elite "Cotton Bam Boo" (cotton/bamboo, also super soft and squishy), and 5 skeins of Queensland "Bebe CotSoy (cotton/soy). The CotSoy is the only thing I have an actual plan for (Hogwarts Express, to be cast on as soon as I finish Hobbes, because I need it like breathing), but I have great faith in my ability to find suitable projects for the other yarn, too.

Oh, and the best part? I walked away with 1600+ yards of squooshy delicious plant fibers for $25. Amazing! I'll miss A Tangled Skein, but man, was that an awesome sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment